(See instructions to print this page here)
The Early Care and Education (ECE) Reporter is a secure online data system. With ECE Reporter, the Office of Early Childhood is able to collect data and information. This will help the Office of Early Childhood make informed program and policy decisions for young children and their families.
Information in ECE Reporter is protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act and the Health Insurance Portability and Accounting Act (HIPAA). Only select staff from early care and education programs will have access to information about children in their own programs in ECE Reporter. Select staff from the Office of Early Childhood will also have access to statewide data. Any sharing of information or reporting with other agencies will only be aggregate, de-identified information. This means data that is shared will not have any information that is specific to one child or that allows a child to be identified.
The state is allowed to collect data on children enrolled in publicly-funded early childhood programs. Parents of children in publicly-funded early childhood programs will get a notice that their child’s information is being collected in ECE Reporter.
Parents have the right to see their child’s ECE Reporter record. An electronic record is started when a child enrolls in a publicly funded early care and education program and is updated when the child leaves. A parent may ask for a copy of their child’s ECE Reporter record. If a parent does not agree with something in the record, they can ask to have it changed.
- Child’s full name
- Date of birth
- Household size and family income (except in special circumstances)
- Name of the publicly-funded program where the child is enrolled
- Date of enrollment in the publicly-funded program
- Age group, funding type, and location (School Readiness, Child Day Care, Smart Start, and State Head Start)
- Date and reason for why the child exited the publicly-funded program
- Optional information collected:
- Birth certificate ID number
- Town and state of birth
- Dual language learner status
- Receiving disability services status
- Lives with foster family status
- Experiencing homelessness or housing insecurity status
For more information, please fill out the form on the ECE Reporter Help page or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.